I have reached day 4 of my 15 day wait. (yes, more than a 2 week wait for this girl) 11 more days to go. I can do it, I can do it! The thought of going to the clinic next Friday for a blood test, and waiting for the results via a phone call makes me want to barf. Full on barf… barfity, barf, barf, barf. I actually can’t even think about it right now or I’ll barf.
The beautiful Fall weather is upon us and i’m loving every minute of it! Fall is my absolute fav time of year. The leaves start to change colour, evenings start to get cooler, warm hoodies and cute boots come back out of the closet, and its all around a lovely time of year. I start using my crock pot more, and making a big pot of soup becomes a weekly tradition. Soooo fabulous.
It’s nice to have something to look forward to, regardless of what the outcome will be in 11 short days.
I’ve decided to not go back to work tomorrow as I feel one more day off will benefit my mental health. Today was the first day I woke up feeling better. I am still bloated and generally have a crappy feeling going on, but taking tomorrow off will just shorten the week for me at work, which in turn, will hopefully make the week go by a bit faster. I thought I would summarize a few things that have happened over the past few days:
– 3 good friends had babies this past week. I managed to not shed I tear, but actually be excited for once. Who IS this girl??
– Another friend announced she was pregnant last night. I only see this friend once a year, and before I even got to the party I asked my other friend if she was pregnant (I just had a feeling she was), and of course she was. I was thankful I had the heads up so it wasn’t as mind numbing when she told me. Again, didn’t shed a tear or seemed to be bothered by it. Perhaps its because I am the closest to being pregnant than I have ever been before?? Who knows.
– I finally pooped today. I’ve haven’t had a BM since before my transfer. I think part of me had the fear of pooping out an embryo… LOL, its true. Even though I know that could never happen, it still crossed my mind. So either it was the fear of poopin’ it out, or all the meds I’ve been on. Or maybe both. Probably more the meds part then the poopy part.
– I NEVER knew there was such a market out there for panty liners. I went to the drugstore earlier last week in preparation for vageen-al progesterone suppositories and was overwhelmed. I even gave A a lesson on ‘panty liners’. He had no idea they existed. Saying the word ‘panty’ always makes me shudder. I don’t know why. Panty. Panty.
– I went to my brother and sister-in-laws today for a visit to see the kids, and them, of course.The kids were actually napping but we had a nice visit anyway. A was golfing and I was sitting at home about to start googling “3 day transfer success rates” so I needed a distraction. Here’s where it gets interesting. When it was time to leave, I walked out of their house and my truck wasn’t where I had parked it. I had a mild panic attack until I noticed the truck was half way down the street… positioned in the MIDDLE of the street! SHIT!!!! Cue – MAJOR PANIC ATTACK!I didn’t put the parking break on and the truck rolled all the way down the street. THANK GOODNESS it didn’t hit anyone, or any thing. Screw your head on, J! Clearly I am very distracted.
Anyway… that’s it for now. I will be right here (patiently) waiting if you need me. Oh, and if you need any ‘panty (gross) liners” I have lots. I think I finally found the kind I like – 3 boxes later.